Wednesday, February 4, 2009

To Find A Mortal,

All you have to do is follow their dreams. That's where they always escape too.
Quote compliments of Charmed!

It's been quite a while since my last post anddd I guess it's just been because from then to now I've been in this funky kind of place and I heard that quote up above today, while I was watching season 2 of charmed!!! [superfan!] It got me thinking, but then again, what doesn't haha.

Every life has their ups and downs and every life has their secret places, whether they might be in your head or made up of an actual physical compostion, every life has some place and a lot of times those places are reminsicent of their dreams, maybe a park that reminds them of Neverland or a home within a favorite song.

I've been wondering about what happens to those who lose their way. To those who can't remember their dreams anymore or remember what they've worked for or what they want. I wonder if they're miserable because maybe they dont have any place, real or imaginary to escape too. I mean do the lost wander? Are they actually lost... do they float on? Are they free?

Are the dreamers the ones who hold themselves captives in worlds that they may never be able to reach? And more importantly... do I fit into either of those categories... do I need too.



To conclude this post, I'd like to end with on of my more recent poem/song things. It's among the sadder of the words I've written, but to anyone who reads this, I hope you enjoy it and can maybe relate to it just the same.

Sticks and Stones

This fight is never won
The circle is never done
The infinity we create it never ceases to amaze.
I’ll grab the remote to control the volume
Of your hollering and screeches down the hall
I’ll walk slow and I’ll walk softly
Invisibly attached to the wall.

I never know what comes next.
If I should digress or accept.
Sticks and stones may break my bones
But your words always haunt me.

I’ll sleep all through my mornings
And I’ll lie all day in my room.
Hiding away in my cocoon
I try to dress up pretty
Just to make you smile or wink at me
But I’ll just mix up my words
And you’ll throw daggers in turns.

I’ll stand quiet, wont make a sound
Try to skate all around
The problem is here
But my feet are always too dirty
My socks never clean enough to wear
My clothes don’t fit right
And my hair’s up too tight
So I guess I’ll just lay down and lose the fight.

I’ll read your accusations through your frowns
And wait to see you when you were free.
But I never what comes next
If I should digress or accept
Sticks and stones may break my bones
But your words will always haunt me.

I’ll wince once for the blow
And cry all alone
As I lie down and let you just take over.



[p.s] I'm not always this sad...haha just the past few days.

1 comment:

  1. don't be sad!

    i think we have to be friends because we both have macaroni blogs :)

    ReplyDelete