Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Back Attack

Hellooo!

Yes, I know. I'm a terrible keeper of the blogs but in my defense, Ive been in a bit of a slump since February that I'm finally breaking out of and due to some requests[not many but one is enough!] I've decided to come back and post something that will hopefully get me in the column mood once more!


Earlier this month, two of my best friends flew off to Pennsylvania [without me haha] to work at a summer camp and another one of my best girls is leaving for Montanna, for a more permanent stay and it all got me thinking about keeping in touch.

How many people have we known in our lives that we swore we would never forget? How many people were we friends with two years, two weeks or even two days ago that we aren't friends with now? Basically... what's with all the drama?

Some people attribute lack of relationships to a dwindling effort in communication.. to that I say- Maybe you guys weren't really friends to begin with. Communication is the basis of any realtionship of any kind and I can't seem to understand why it's terribly hard on either end of the party for someone to pick up a pencil and paper and write "Hey, how are you?"

With all the technological outlets we have these days, it seems slightly incredulous that our relationships have in fact seemed to dissapate instead of soar. I can't help but wonder if maybe our relationships with ourselves and our natural animalistic insticts along with humanisitic feelings have only made the technological golden age the age of rejection.

Instead of using these amazing advancements in science and life to our benefit, I've found that more often than not we use it to hurt each other for the benefit of a minute's satisfaction of reveling in someone else's pain.

I'd be lying if I said that I never called someone a slut or a bitch or told someone to fuck off through the internet, text message or just to their face- or that people had never done it to me. But maybe that's the price I pay for being the way I am?

Is it the technology that makes us so disconnected or are we so disconnected that we only know how to use technology as a weapon?

No comments:

Post a Comment